Welcome to your test quiz
1. I’m learning English ________ me get a good job.
2. I would buy a new car if I ________ more money.
3. I ________ never met a famous person but I’d like to.
4. I ________ to enjoy swimming but I hate it now.
5. The hotel is ________ the centre of the city.
6. The town was ________ than I expected.
7. There is a ________ money in my bank account.
8. When he arrived at the station, his train ________ already left.
9. The girl ________ a book when the phone rang.
10. That is the man ________ took my bag.
11. Don’t wake me! I’m going to try and catch up ________ my sleep.
12. Jane ________ to her wedding yesterday by a uniformed chauffeur.
had to drive
13. I wish I ________ to your party last Saturday.
could have come
would have come
14. Can you lend me some money please? You ________ it back.
15. Tom arrived late for the meeting, ________ was very annoying.
16. The chairman told the company board he ________ to resign.
17. You can borrow my car ________ you return it tomorrow.
in spite of
as long as
18. You used to work in computer graphics, ________.
19. It’s getting late. I ________ go or my mother will be worried.
20. It’s a beautiful sculpture. It ________ taken you ages to make it.
21. Had I known you ________ my support, I would have offered it!
22. She arrived early at the airport ________ her flight had been cancelled.
only to find
to find only
23. I can help you organise the party if ________.
you are needing
will be needed
24. Not ________ what flavour she preferred, I chose chocolate.
25. The meeting was boring ________ everyone stayed till the end.
26. Only later ________ her mistake.
she did realise
she has realized
had she realised
did she realize
27. He could not forget the past ________ hard he tried.
28. I cannot remember the last time I ________ so happy.
have been feeling
29. The picnic was called ________ because of the rain.
30. He is not ________ clever as he thinks he is. A. nearly as B. as much C. quite D. so very
Time is Up!